2012 to current
The Desert Sun
Palm Springs, CA
Online producer, data and interactives
- Collaborate with reporters and editors to conceptualize, develop, build, launch, enhance and maintain digital news and information products.
- Manage, track and organize the newsroom’s California Public Records Act and FOIA requests.
- Grow audience using analytics data to develop features like the award-winning “10 Picks” series.
- Work with newsroom staff to develop data-driven stories and cover news events, including President Obama’s visits, interviewing celebrities, and live-streaming events.
2007 to 2011
The San Diego Union-Tribune
San Diego, CA
Social media specialist (2009 to 2011)
- Developed company-wide social media strategy to increase audience engagement and pageviews.
- Managed and posted content on the U-T’s social media accounts, including sites like Foursquare and Plurk.
- Monitored analytics data and social media metrics.
- Helped increase monthly visits from select social media sites from 65K to 450K, combined Twitter followers from 7K to more than 34K, and combined Facebook fans from fewer than 100 to more than 6K.
Community news content producer (2007 to 2009)
- Helped coordinate the development and management of community and extension websites, including sdBackyard.com.
- The McClatchy Company: Online news content producer, 2001 to 2002, 2004 to 2007
- The News and Observer: Content news editor, The Insider, 2002 to 2004
- CNN Interactive: Associate editor, 2000 to 2001
- Chattanooga Times Free Press: Online editor and writer, 1999 to 2000
- The Chattanooga Times: Assistant online editor and assistant librarian, 1996 to 1999
- Mapbox GL JS
- Final Cut Pro
- Basic Python and R
- Audio and video production
- Content management systems